Monday, January 31, 2011

Bummed.

So I couldn't help but do some lite background research on Dianetics before jumping in (I'm looking at you here, Wikipedia). I just want to express my deep disappointment that the wild mythology of the religion will not be featured in any of the 600+ pages (paperback) that I will be reviewing. I guess I probably shouldn't have relied on South Park for 95% of my knowledge on the subject.

Just to be clear...

There's NO Xenu. No intergalactic space travel. No volcanic atom bombs. No alien souls loitering around on Earth, bummin' people out and yearning for home.

I guess Dianetics is strictly a self-help book that instructs the reader how to conquer a myriad of mental neuroses, psychoses, compulsions, deficiencies, etc etc ad nauseum.

Suddenly I'm slightly more concerned about losing my mind due to boredom than to wacky pseudo-religious doctrine. But who knows, maybe it's a real page turner. Or possibly a laugh riot. Open mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dianetics: So What?  An Objective Review - BloggedBlogCatalog