Friday, January 28, 2011

Obtaining the Tome

Before we get all objective up in here, let me first insist that I am taking the necessary precautions to protect my anonymity.  I'm not waltzing into that big blue building and requesting they send a copy of Dianetics to my home address, and why, yes, I'd like to receive regular email updates while I'm at it?  Nooooo, ma'am. 

I'll admit, part of my morbid curiosity about this whole racket is to see what lengths they'll go to in order to control the outward flow of information about their organization.  So my first challenge will be to get a copy of the book without paying for it with personally-identifiable information.  Since I returned from the Goodwill empty handed, my next stop is the dollar book store in Burbank.   If you cant find a cheap copy of Dianetics in Burbank, then these kooky Scientologists haven't infiltrated the system nearly as much as I've given them credit for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dianetics: So What?  An Objective Review - BloggedBlogCatalog